Greetings! We had a great opening of school and it was very evident that our students came back enthusiastic and ready to learn. The KVA faculty and staff has worked very hard to get ready and make sure that this year got off to a great start. I am very grateful to them. If the first few weeks are any indication, it is going to be a fantastic school year.
- KVA welcomed 44 new students this year. On August 16, a “New Student Breakfast” was held in the cafeteria hosted by the administration and school counselor. Students enjoyed biscuits and juice and were provided a short orientation program.
- Our school’s daycare is running at near maximum capacity. We opened a new classroom this fall. Many thanks to Christine Bennerson, Carol Bullock, Debbie Pendergrass and Travis Kersey for all of your efforts!
- The Back to School Bash was held on Saturday, August 18. Many thanks to our sponsors and parents who made this event possible for our students.
- Fall athletics are off and running. The Fall Classic was held here at KVA August 1718 and the event was very successful. Spartan teams include soccer, volleyball, cross-country, golf, and tennis. Our teams are competing at a high level and creating a great deal of pride in our school. Thank you - student-athletes and coaches for your commitment and hard work. Go to our school website, www.kerrvance.com for sports schedules and updates. Come out and support the Spartans!
- Our school is considering fielding a swim team for 2018-19. If your child is interested, please contact athletic director, George Hoyle Jr.
- The fall is a very important time for our seniors. School counselor Camilla Rogers is working with them on the college application process. Information was shared at the fall senior meeting on August 29. Parents, please talk with your senior and identify important deadlines that are rapidly approaching. You can find important updates on our school webpage, www.kerrvance.com. Also, Mrs. Rogers will continue to share information via email. Seniors will be attending a college fair at Vance-Granville Community College on September 19. In-state and out of state colleges will be represented at the fair.
Parents, please continue to work closely with us in your child’s education. It is an important partnership. Each of our students has talents and abilities and we build on those to help them learn what they need to be successful in college and in life. Please take time each night to ask your child, “what did you learn today?” Encourage them to give 100% in their work so that they can achieve their academic goals. Thanks for all you do! Best Regards,