Spring has finally arrived (although cool weather is still with us) and that is the signal that our school year is winding down. Next week, our students and staff will be on spring break, returning on April 8. When we return there will be only 34 days of school left! Looking ahead to April, please note the following:
- Students in grades 1-9 will take the Stanford 10 assessments April 15-18.
- School will be closed for students and staff for Good Friday on April 19.
- Mid-quarter is April 23 and progress reports will go home after that.
KVA is an accredited school and this is our renewal year. The review team is actually on our campus today and will be here again tomorrow. They have spent the day observing in classrooms, interviewing students, staff, and parents, and learning about our school. Tomorrow they will share their reports with me. It has been an extensive process but a valuable one. When you put our school under the microscope, some remarkable things are revealed. They will also give us some improvement targets. The process is definitely win/win. I think the team has been impressed with our school’s learning environment, the personalized approach in our teaching, and high expectations. I think our programs reflect the philosophy of teaching the “whole child” for future success. Academics, good character, and productive habits are all part of the KVA package. I am not sure you can put a monetary value on that. I look forward to sharing the team’s findings with you soon.
- To Winnie Ballinger and the prom steering committee for outstanding work organizing and putting on this year’s Junior/Senior prom. The event was very well done and everyone had a great time.
- To the class of 2019 who have been accepted to over 25 colleges both in and out of state. Congratulations!
- To Lorena Negron, Jonathan Edwards, and Edie Echols for placing in the Henderson Optimist Club’s Oratorical Contest on March 2. Also to teacher/advisor Brooks Spencer for your work coaching them.
- To our varsity baseball and varsity soccer teams for their seasons so far as they begin defense of their state championships.